Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Au Revoir Paris, Hello London!! :)



Hello from London!

The last day in Paris was very fun-filled with climbing the Arch de Triumph. This is where the Tour de France ends, and it is a major Parisian intersection. There was a beautiful view of the city from the top! From there, we did some shopping, and we had lunch at a cute pizza cafe! During the middle of the afternoon, I watched some of the French Open on the television. For dinner, I went to a beautiful area nearby the Eiffel Tower which had elaborate fountains and visited a street vendor. I had a jambon(ham) panini and a chocolate crepe. After dinner, it was darker and the Eiffel Tower lit up, sparkled & glowed. It was awesome to see it and wander around while enjoying raspberry and chocolate gelato.


This morning, I boarded the EuroStar train headed for London. Eurostar trains travel up to 300 km per hour(186 mph). It lasted 2 hours and 25 minutes, and there were two tunnels underwater in the English channel which lasted 25 minutes each. It was neat to see the French countryside along the way. Once we arrived in London, we headed on the Underground to Regents College, now University, which is our school here. It is right in the middle of Regents Park, one of the prettiest and ritsiest areas of London. I'm staying in a dorm room which overlooks a center park in the middle of the college. The London Zoo, beautiful flowers, and open spaces are in it. I'm looking forward to exploring it further in the coming days! We also headed to see Big Ben on the way to the London Eye, a giagantic ferris wheel. It was so fun, and it was an awesome tour from the sky of London. I also went to a 4D theatre movie on the London Eye. On the way back, a few of my friends and I took an adventure for shopping and ice cream. I've already seen several double decker busses, and London is such an awesome city! Looking forward to exploring it more!






For now, so long from London! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment