The past few days have been filled with overwhelming excitement! First, the trip to Wimbledon was a sweet one! The Championship is upcoming very soon, yet we were able to tour and see many of the courts including Centre Court. We also were able to see Court 18 where the longest game of tennis ever was played in 2010. Then, we went to the museum where there were trophies: giant golden cups and plates. There was also a neat 4D movie. Then, later last night I went and saw Wicked with a group since we were able to score a good price for some last minute tickets. It was an awesome musical!
Today, I went to see the Trooping of the Colours (a celebration of the Queen's Birthday), and I was able to get very close to the horses, carriages, and the Royal Family members. The family left the castle, went to participate in the parade, then came back to Buckingham Palace. Here, they stood on a deck and looked out. I saw Princess Kate and Camilla in a carriage, the Queen in her enclosed carriage, and William and Harry as well as the other members present! It was truly an amazing experience, and it was a beautiful first-class ceremony being concluded with a flyover of red, white, and blue. It was gorgeous!
This afternoon, I went an explored for the afternoon with my friend Fiona who lives in London area. We explored Covent Garden area, had a nice lunch, went to China Town, Piccadilly Circus, The National Portrait Gallery, and Leicester Square. We saw a sweet street performer near the market who climbed a ladder, hung upside down, and juggled knives while being held up by 4 guys holding ropes. We also checked out a concert going on which was pretty neat to see too! It was so good to chat with and see her! Saw so much royalty today!
I had dinner with some friends at a Mexican Restaurant in Piccadilly Circus. It was delicious food, and I had some loaded nachos. It was another sweet few days in London with a fair amount of sunshine and rain both.
No comments:
Post a Comment