Thursday, June 13, 2013

London Adventures

Greetings!
It has been a fun few days in London so far. I did quite a bit of shopping at touristy places, Harrods, and Pri-Mark. Pri-Mark is an equivalent of Old Navy, and I got quite a few good deals. Yesterday, I went to the Tower of London. This was a place of the execution of many famous royal people including Anne Boleyn. There are 20 towers in the structure, lots of spiral staircases, some sweet armour, and the British Crown Jewels. After the tower, I walked over the Tower Bridge, found some fish and chips at a pub, and rode the double-decker bus part of the way back to Regents. We had to find the Underground after we were part of the way back to Regents though since it was very rainy. Today, I went to the British National Museum which had a lot of neat artifacts from all around the world. Some highlights were the mummies of people and animals, a part of the Tower of Babel, and some old coins. From there, we ventured to Leicester Square and Picadilly Circus. These areas are like New York City's Time Square. We went to a cute outside market at a church where I bought some tea named 'Regents Park', the park right outside the college, and then to an Italian Restaurant for dinner where I had some delicious pasta. We were going to go to Greenwich, but we're going to go on another day where it is more sunny and less windy. However, we did see our first sunshine in London today which was very welcome! Looking forward to Wimbleton tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment