On Sunday, my friend and I went to the open air market in Marylebone which was a big festival with live music, sweet food, and other cool vendors. I had some awesome food: fresh strawberries with belgian chocolate, whipped cream, and double chocolate brownies...just to name a few. I went to an organ concert and church service at St. Paul's Cathedral that evening. It was a beautiful cathedral with awesome acoustics, a large dome, and sweet mosaics. Then I went for a stroll through Regents Park feeding some of the friendly squirrels & seeing the rose garden which is in full bloom.
On Monday, we headed to Bath which was a cute smaller town in the country. It has a river flowing through it, and it is the location of the ancient Roman Baths. We went on a tour of the baths, strolled along the river and headed back on the train towards London. The train station we were at was Paddington station, and I found a statue of Paddington Bear, which was pretty cool! Then, we had dinner at the college followed by Abbey Road where the Beatles walked, and we struck the 'pose'. Later, we headed out for ice cream & a stroll through the park once again! Today, we're headed to Greenwich, the Prime Meridian, and the place from which all time originates. Then tonight, we're headed to Mama Mia! So far it is a sunny day in London!
No comments:
Post a Comment