Friday, June 21, 2013
Londoner Adventures
Mama Mia was really good, and I recognized a lot of the songs. It was a fun night! On Wednesday, I went on an Olympic Park tour which was neat! I got to see the Olympic Stadium, Aquatic Center, and the viewing deck. I also got to see the revitalization that took place as a result of the Olympics being in London, a rough area of London has been and continues to be transformed. On Thursday, I went to the London Aquarium(loved the penguins, baby seahorses, starfish, etc.), the Victoria & Albert Museum( there were royal jewelry and dresses), went horseback riding in Hyde Park(huge beautiful park), went to Harrods which was a HUGE store, and wandered on the West Bank of London plus across the Millenium Bridge( known as the wibbly wobbly bridge). Today, I went to the Antique Market, Windsor Castle on the train, then we toured through the castle, saw the Queen for a second time ...she was getting in a Bentley Car, then had tea and scones for an afternoon tea party right outside the castle! Tonight, I went to the London Zoo, it was a fun time with music plus animal and people watching! I enjoyed the butterfly paradise, penguins, and giraffes the most! It has been an exhausting and amazing few days, tomorrow we're going to Parliament and Westminster Abbey, looking forward to another exciting weekend in London!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment